Ranbir has taken a road less travelled: Rishi Kapoor

I am just his father, not his manager
I am just his father, not his manager
Rishi Kapoor admits that "films are our family business", is happy that his son Ranbir entered filmdom and praises him for taking an unconventional route to stardom without his help.

Rishi said: "I am very proud that my son is trying to keep the flag of the Kapoor's flying. I always encourage him and want him to do better work."

Rishi wants Ranbir to be successful while being level headed.

"I want his head on his shoulders. I want him to be very realistic about the fact. Films is not just a joke, it's our family business and I am happy that he is serious about his career and his work," said Rishi.

Although Ranbir, 30, had a dull start with Saawariya, but thanks to his choice of roles inWake Up Sid, Raajneeti, Rockstar and Barfi, the youngster has a carved a niche for himself in just six years.

"He is an actor who has taken a less travelled route. He is choosing different films and doing films that are not the staple diet of film heroes. For that I give him credit. The choice of his films are totally his, all creative decisions are his, I have no contribution to that at all. People feel I chose his films, but it's not so. I am just his father, not his manager," said Rishi.

Was Ranbir sure shot about becoming an actor?

"He knew his family business is such, so you are inclined to get into it, which is very natural. That must have influenced him. He wanted to go to a film school, so he went there and got trained as an actor. And god has been kind, he has given him some kind of strength to maintain his name," said Rishi, whose family has been a part of Indian filmdom for the past 85 years.

Ranbir, the great grandson of Prithviraj Kapoor, represents the fourth generation of the Kapoors with cousins Karisma and Kareena.

No comments:

Post a Comment